Sunday, October 07, 2007

Running Thoughts

We are scientists. We do genetics. We leave religion to the psychos and fanatics. -Grinderman, Go Tell The Women

So, I had a couple of random thoughts go through my head today. The first was that I wanted to to run. Not in that The Fugitive type way. Or in that Arnold Schwarzenegger The Running Man type of way. No I mean in the real honest to God "I want to feel the wind run past my face in a fury as I cause my muscles to explode in pain" type of way.

Odd isn't it?

Also, while I was walking back from the store, I saw a nice old lady raking her yard. And I thought, someday I want to do that. I want to be able to be able to reflect upon my eons long life racking leaves on some alien planet, reminiscing about watching as the sun ran out of hydrogen and helium becoming a red giant that slowly consumed the inner planets of its doomed solar system. Then bitching about how gaudy the monument that they put was. You'd think that after 5 billion years, mankind would be able to get over the need to erect giant phallic symbols for any old reason? Ah, well. Kids today.

No comments: