Saturday, October 13, 2007

Seeing Myself For the First Time

Fetishize your beauty, the scars that you don't hide- Juliana Hatfield, Cool Rock Boy

So as you may or may not know, I recently got contacts. I'm still adjusting to them. It takes me something like 30 minutes to put the damn things in, but it's well worth it. I wish I would have gotten them years ago. I've been completely surprised by the boost of self confidence that I didn't even know I was missing since I started wearing them. I guess I've thought about myself as a lame glasses wearing geek that it never even occurred to me that I could be something different. Now mind you, I'm still a lame geek, that hasn't changed at all... but to paraphrase Vinnie from My Blue Heaven sometimes you have to change from the outside, in.

No comments: